Monday, January 5, 2009

I just opened my cupboard....



pulled out a glass, turned on my faucet and filled my glass with cold fresh water. I drank the water and my thirst was quenched. I didn't think much about it because it's something I experience quite regularly; every day, all day, in fact.
This December, "dollar for a drink", raised 10,000 dollars to build a well in Sudan, so that a village there will now be able to experience...quenched thirst.
"Dollar for a drink" is an organization directed by 16 year old Joshua Guthrie...

Here's the link. Check it out.

www.dollarforadrink.org

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ah,a REAL post :) Now that wasn't so hard was it?

You know what else is nice about that water we have? It is CLEAN, all the parasites have been killed. No vomiting, no running stomach, nothing to make you thirstier than you were when you took that drink. Not only that, but because of that clean water you now have 7 children that made it passed the age of 5 and two more who have great odds of doing the same. All because you have fresh clean water for them. If you lived in Africa, you could have already expected to have buried a couple of your children...most likely because of a lack of safe water.

Thanks for the link.

Everyone should have this blessing. It is not OK that children perish because of such things. I shudder when I think of answering to our Lord for such things. :(

S.L.P said...

Tag, you're it! Check out my blog for details, P.S. Melissa tagged you too.